What If One Parent Is Unemployed?

In some cases, the children of divorced parents do not receive the support they deserve because one of the parents is unemployed or underemployed — meaning that the parent could be making a higher wage if his or her skills and abilities were being fully utilized. In these situations, the court can order child support at a level that reflects the potential or former income of the unemployed or underemployed parent.

If your former spouse has the ability to make more money but is not willing to make the effort to find more gainful employment, you should speak to a Florida child support lawyer who knows the law and has the ability to properly handle your case. At the law firm of The Holman Law Firm, we work to ensure that children receive a fair support order.

Representing Clients On Both Sides Of Imputed Income Cases

Our Pensacola attorneys handle imputed income cases for parties on both sides. Whether you need to petition the court to impute income or defend yourself against such an action, we are prepared to provide the representation you need. We understand the facts that must be proven to support requests for the imputation of income, and we know how to present a compelling argument to defeat them.

When you hire our firm, we take the time to fully understand your concerns and goals in the matter. We conduct a complete investigation and present the strongest possible case to support your position in the matter. Our only concern in an imputed income case is to ensure that our client’s interests are protected to the fullest possible extent.

Discuss Imputed Income In A Free Consultation

To schedule a free initial consultation about your imputation of income questions, call toll free at 850-435-6909 or contact us online.