1. You Are Here: Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Contempt and Enforcement of Orders

Understanding Contempt And Enforcement Of Court Orders

After a highly contested divorce, it is not unusual for a former spouse to choose not to comply with alimony, custody or child support orders. Whether out of spite or due to financial concerns, he or she does not obey the court’s rulings. In these circumstances, it may become necessary, for the stability of both you and your children, to enforce a court order.

We can represent you if you need to ask the court to enforce an existing order. Sometimes people might be trying to comply with an order but a technical reason keeps them from doing so on time. As a result, they might be unjustly accused of not complying with the terms of the court order.

For people who have been accused of not complying with an order, we also offer representation to defend you against false allegations of non-compliance with court orders.

If you have any concerns involving the enforcement of a court order, do not hesitate to contact us online or call us at 850-435-6909 toll free. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss all of your legal options.

We Understand Both Sides Of The Situation

With decades of family law experience, the attorneys at our firm recognize the challenges both sides of an enforcement issue can face.

A person who receives a monthly alimony or child support payment may depend on this support as part of his or her household’s income. A child having parenting time with both parents may expect to spend time with a mother or father, only to be denied contact by one of his/her parents.

Additionally, a parent or former spouse may be experiencing financial or scheduling concerns that make compliance difficult. Although this is understandable, compliance with court orders is not voluntary, but mandatory! Failure to meet the terms of a child custody or support agreement could bring about harsh consequences, including fines or time in jail.

Knowledgeable Lawyers To Help You

Whether you need help enforcing a divorce property settlement, another type of family law order, or simply need assistance defending yourself against wrongful allegations, you can rely on the capable family law attorneys at the law firm of The Holman Law Firm Please call us at 850-435-6909  or toll free at 850-435-6909.